Since I got pregnant I’m all about simplifying. I want to look amazing but it has to be simple and take literally no time at all. The first few months of my pregnancy were dreadful, my skin looked like a mess and all of my old tricks didn’t seem to work anymore. Enter Tweezerman Brush iQ. I am obsessed. I can contour my face and apply a sexy smokey eye in less than 5 minutes. This killer set of brushes is a game changer. I followed Rob Scheppy’s steps and was able to master the looks on the first try. You can peep my how to videos below and follow my step by step tutorial.
The Killer Contour:
1.I mixed a tinted moisturizer and light foundation in hand then applied the two with the Foundation Brush.
2. The adorable pink Blending Sponge helped me blend all of the hard to reach places like under my nose. Blending is everything.
3. For a light contour I added a darker foundation to the swallows of my cheeks and jawline with the Flat Top Foundation Brush. This gave my complexion a bit more dimension.
4. I added a touch of liquid highlighter to the apples of my cheeks and bridge of my nose with the Contour Concealer Brush. I stayed away from overly shiny shades and end up looking sweaty. I aimed for the highlighter to catch the light subtly.
5.I set my face with a light dusting of mineral powder with the Powder Brush.
6. And finally I applied a super natural berry blush to my cheeks and nose with the Blush Brush.
Smokey Cut Crease:
1.Using the Line Glider Brush and a dark brown shadow, I drew a line under my brow bone along the crease of my eye. I must admit by this point I looked cray started to get a little nervous.
2. The Blender Brush came to my rescue and within moments this thick dark line turned into a beautifully blended shadow. I softly blended up wards and around my eye to create the smokey effect.
3.I added a light neutral shadow to the corners of my eye and my contour using the Pointed Concealer Brush. It is super precise and allowed me to apply color exactly where I needed it.
4.Finally it was time for eyeliner. I opted for a dark brown gel liner and applied it to my upper and lower lash line with the Brow Brush. I slightly smudged the liner to top off the sexy look.
5.If you are a mascara type of girl, Tweezerman makes the best Mascara Guard, shielding the rest of your eye from clumsy hands and fall over.
Are you also obsessed? Enter here for a chance to win the COMPLETE Brush iQ collection! Share an Instagram image with #BrushiQCollection #RealBeautyGenius of your own contoured look. Fill out the form to enter here.